Tuesday, October 11, 2011

KCWC Day 1.5 & 2: Vroom! Vroom! PJ's

Forget sewing an hour a day, I started at 9:00pm on day one and finished at 3:00am on day two!


Xavier's down to just a single pair of pj's and I thought my next challenge garment needed to address the issue. I have stacks of knits leftover from my diaper making days, but nothing large enough for a pair of traditional pj's. Flipping through my Ottobre's for inspiration, I found these patterns in issue 6/2010:

Kuperkeikka and Hippotamus Hoppulainen
(image from Ottobredesign.com)

Both patterns feature panels, eight on the shirt, and four on the pants, letting me utilize smaller scraps of fabric.
  • Rib knit print by Baby Lulu from stash, purchased at SewZanne's Fabrics
  • Medium blue rib knit upcycled from Merona t-shirt
  • Light green heather jersey knit from stash, unknown source
The Kuperkeikka pattern does not call for a banded waist or ankles, but I modified the pattern so that I could use the the printed fabric that was a few inches too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment