Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This Crafter ♥s a Woodworker




The men in my life are impossible to shop for gifts. Unless it's mundane (socks) or expensive (drill press upgrade) there's not much out there that my husband would find useful. Don't get me wrong, he has a great hobby that lends itself to a lot of ideas, but woodworking toys are exceptionally pricey. Not to mention he manages a woodworking store, so there's nothing I could pick out that he couldn't find a better deal on.



But after weeks of looking at Valentine card ideas on blogs and Pinterest, my mind was swimming with cheesy Valentine puns. (Check out this incredibly long compilation of puns at Skip to My Lou.)

Just a tiny fraction of the vintage planes hiding in dusty corners of the house.
These things attract blankets of dust.

At about the same time I began cataloging the exhausting number of vintage hand planes tucked all over our house. When, BAM!, I was hit with the cheesiest of cheesy puns:


And thanks to my addiction to craft blogs, I was able to transform that idea into a crazy t-shirt for his all too infrequent days tinkering in his shop. 



Do you have a great idea you'd like to create a stencil for? There are too many tutorials on the web to count, but my favorite for it's attention to detail is Dana's at MADE.





This post and other fun projects can be found at:









A Diamond in the Stuff






No comments:

Post a Comment